Usifroid was founded in 1948 and its main activity was the design and manufacture of freeze dryers and associated equipment.
With 70 years of experience, Usifroid is renowned for the performance and quality of its machines and is recognised as a specialist in the field of freeze drying pharmaceutical and biological products.
Considered a pioneer and a leader in the sector, Usifroid has installed equipment in more than 30 different countries around the world.
In April 2010, Usifroid became a subsidiary of the Telstar group based in Terrassa, near Barcelona.
Telstar, with 900 employees worldwide, is a supplier of equipment and services for the life science industries. Find out more about Telstar.
The production of freeze dryers has now moved to Spain.
Today, Usifroid is specialised in the service and modernisation/retrofit of freeze dryers of all brands and offers:
- Service, maintenance, training, calibration
- Spare parts
- Replacement of freeze drying chambers and shelves
- Replacement of condensers
- Modernisation of refrigeration systems (compressors, liquid nitrogen, etc.)
- Modernisation of control systems: PLC, SCADA, architectures: platform server, thin clients, virtualization