- Chamber replacement. Manufacture of a new chamber (EC or ASME), dismantling of the old chamber, on-site installation and qualification of the replacement.
- Door replacement. Manufacture of a new door, dismantling of the old door, on-site installation and qualification of the replacement. Two types of doors are offered:
- Full door
- Full door with integrated pizza door
- Replacement of shelves. From one shelf to the whole set of shelves. Including manufacture, dismantling of old shelves, on-site assembly and qualification of replacements.
- Replacement of shelf flexible hoses. From one set to all flexible hoses. Including supply of the flexible hoses, dismantling of the old hoses, on-site installation and qualification of the replacements.
- Setting up CIP. Depending on the configuration of the freeze dryer, we can supply and install a system of pipes, valves and nozzles inside the chamber to ensure the proper cleaning of the equipment.
- Condenser replacement. Manufacture of a new condenser, dismantling of the old trap, on-site installation and qualification of the replacement.
Retrofit of refrigeration systems
- Liquid Nitrogen Solution. Replacement of compressors with a liquid nitrogen exchanger. Usifroid has the necessary skills for the design, supply and installation of liquid nitrogen systems. The advantages of this technology include eliminating the use of high GWP gases, significantly reducing refrigeration system maintenance and providing better performances.
- Natural Gas Solution. Installation of compressors using natural gas, eliminating the use of high GWP gas. The proposed technology does not require ATEX classification for the building.
Retrofit of vacuum systems
- Replacement of vacuum pumps. Supply and installation of pumps with characteristics similar to those of existing pumps.
- Installation of dry pumps instead of oil-sealed rotary vane pumps.
Electrical, pneumatic and instrumentation Retrofit
- Mass spectrometer installation. This system detects the presence of silicone oil in the freeze dryer chamber and helps to determine which production batches have been impacted by a possible leak. Usifroid has the necessary skills for the supply, installation and qualification of this type of equipment on your freeze dryer.
- Replacement of the electrical cabinet. Supply of electrical installations with latest-generation components that comply with current standards.
- Pneumatic cabinet replacement. Supply of pneumatic installations with latest-generation components that comply with current standards.
Retrofit loading/unloading systems
- Semi-automatic loading/unloading station. Design, manufacture and installation of semi-automatic loading/unloading systems on your freeze dryer to minimise contact between operators and products.
Retrofit of control systems
- Setting up new SCADA platforms
- Setting up virtual servers and thin clients
- Integration of SCADA in the client domain
- Windows migration
- PLC replacement
Usifroid has extensive experience and expertise in the migration and retrofit to the latest solutions such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Wonderware System Platform, Siemens TIA Portal etc., and in the implementation of virtual machine and thin client architectures.
Our specialists are highly competent in Rockwell, Win CC, Wonderware, Siemens and Proface systems.
Validation of retrofits
The Usifroid validation service encompasses all activities related to the quality and qualification of the retrofits we carry out. We produce the protocols and conduct the tests in collaboration with our clients. The following services are generally offered:
- FAT at our site or our suppliers’ site
- GMP documentation according to the nature of the retrofit